There are myriad things that can go wrong with the plumbing system in a house and many of them have to do with the pipes. Fixing clogged pipes might require you to call an emergency plumber in Orange County, CA. They should be able to determine whether there is a need to remove mineral deposits from pipes or if there is air penetrating the water lines.
There are some problems which can be traced back to bad plumbing, but this is not always the case and some issues can catch you off guard. Here’s what you need to know about clogged pipes and drains.
How do you tell if your pipes are clogged?
Understanding possible issues and knowing the signs of a clogged pipe can really help Orange County residents be more prepared if something goes wrong.
- Gurgling sounds – if you hear gurgling noises when you use some of the water fixtures, it could mean there is a clog or blockage along the pipes.
- Foul odor – when there is a clog, almost any debris can build up and start to decompose, causing you to smell weird odors from the shower drain, toilet or sink.
- Water backing up – if your toilet is backing up when you flush, or the shower drain overflows, it means the water has nowhere to leave along the pipes due to a clog.
- Water on the lawn – this might mean a plant is growing around the sewer line, potentially damaging it.
How do you fix a slow drain in Orange County, CA?
If you notice a slow drain, there are things you can try to fix it yourself, but it’s always safer to let the professionals do this part.
- Baking soda – boil a pot of water and in the meantime, pour half a cup of baking soda down the drain, half a cup of white vinegar and wait for around 15 minutes, then pour the water.
- Zip-it – buy this cheap tool, put it in the drain and use it to pull out any debris or hair making a clog.
- Plunger – cover the overflow hole with something and try some plunging, because it might dislodge the debris and help it clear the way.
- Snake – use a drain snake to put the wire as far as it can go along the pipes and wiggle it around trying to clear the clogging.
How do you keep drain pipes clean?
The best advice for any Orange County homeowner is to be careful what they put down their drains, but there are other things to keep in mind.
- Rinse drains with hot water – hot water after every use makes many substances go down much faster and not build up in pipes.
- Throw some baking soda – a handful of baking soda in your drain can act as a cleaning agent and also absorb some of the bad smells.
- Pour a cup of vinegar – vinegar is a natural cleaner which, after sitting for 30 minutes, can do wonders for your drains.
- Use a drain screen – drain screens will capture food particles, hair and other scraps before they enter the pipes.
For any problems with pipes, call the experts
If your pipes clog, look for a dependable emergency plumber in Orange County, CA who can take care of them. EHS employs only highest-rated and most reliable technicians who are well familiar with all kinds of plumbing issues. They can get everything in order while you visit South Coast Plaza.
We are available 24/7, all you need to do is contact us and leave the rest to us!